Girls Track impresses

Photo provided by Coach Hunder

Girls Track poses for picture

Emily Teagardin, Reporter

The girls track team has been making their usual statement, powering up to the top of the competition in the NIC-10 conference so far this season.

On March 17, the girls fell short of first place by Hononegah by only a few points..  They placed second overall in the indoor girls Conference Championship held at Auburn High School’s Field House.

The distance team dominated the competition in the 4×800 meter relay, and the team consisted of Stephanie Robles (‘16), Brooke Messenger (‘19), Sabrina Elder (‘18), and Jenna Lutzow (‘17) breaking the school record once again in a time of 9:57.91.

“ I think this season has been  going really well,” said Natali Monaghan (‘18) “We have a lot of strong athletes and Hononegah needs to watch out for us at outdoor Conference.”  

In the 4×400 meter relay, Addie Crocker (‘16), Taylor Ferguson (‘18), Elder, and Vanessa Sida (‘18) broke another school record in a time of 4:15.51.

Remy Bice (‘19) said, “Overall the team is killing it so far and I think we will keep improving for outdoor.”

Lutzow  ran the 1600 meter relay, setting a personal record, a school record, and the indoor record, in a time of 5:07.

Ferguson vaulted fill in pole vault earning her place.  Haley Dahl (‘19) placed 9th overall in 200 meter hurdles with a time of 32.09.

The girls have been working hard in the indoor season and have high expectations for the outdoor season that is quickly approaching.