Girls Track impresses

Photo provided by Coach Hunder

Girls Track poses for picture

Emily Teagardin , Reporter

The girls track team has been making their usual statement, powering up to the top of the competition in the NIC-10 conference so far this season.

On March 17, the girls fell short of first place by Hononegah by only a few points..  They placed second overall in the indoor girls Conference Championship held at Auburn High School’s Field House.

The distance team dominated the competition in the 4×800 meter relay, and the team consisted of Stephanie Robles (‘16), Brooke Messenger (‘19), Sabrina Elder (‘18), and Jenna Lutzow (‘17) breaking the school record once again in a time of 9:57.91.

“ I think this season has been  going really well,” said Natali Monaghan (‘18) “We have a lot of strong athletes and Hononegah needs to watch out for us at outdoor Conference.”  

In the 4×400 meter relay, Addie Crocker (‘16), Taylor Ferguson (‘18), Elder, and Vanessa Sida (‘18) broke another school record in a time of 4:15.51.

Remy Bice (‘19) said, “Overall the team is killing it so far and I think we will keep improving for outdoor.”

Lutzow  ran the 1600 meter relay, setting a personal record, a school record, and the indoor record, in a time of 5:07.

Ferguson vaulted fill in pole vault earning her place.  Haley Dahl (‘19) placed 9th overall in 200 meter hurdles with a time of 32.09.

The girls have been working hard in the indoor season and have high expectations for the outdoor season that is quickly approaching.