Summer Vacations

Abbie Becker and friends at her lake house in Delavan.

Bella Kehrer, Showcase Editor

There’s a total of 89 days of summer which leaves a good amount of time for vacations.  Parents and teens spend the whole school year planning for the perfect summer vacation.  Let’s take a look at where our very own students spent their summer days.

Kaci Tomman, (‘20) is a travel softball player and spent most weekends at softball tournaments for her travel team, the Blasters. Although, this summer still was spent playing softball she got to vacation down in Florida as well.

Kaci Tomman playing softball at the ESPN field.

“We went to Florida for softball. We got to play at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando. My team and I placed first in our pool which was a great accomplishment. My favorite part of the whole vacation was getting to play on the same field as my sister Brooke,” said Tomman.

Kaci is not the only student who took a vacation this summer, Brynn Lambracht, (‘18) took a trip down to California to visit her boyfriend. Lambracht and her            boyfriend visited each other multiple times this summer.

Brynn Lambract in Malibu beach.
Brynn Lambract in Malibu beach.“My favorite part of California other than seeing Drew (boyfriend) was visiting Malibu beach and walking around in Hollywood,” said Lambracht.
Kelsee Loveridge poses with her team after playing a weekend of softball.

Kelsee Loveridge, (‘18) also went on a vacation for her travel softball team, Big Dogs Rage. Loveridge went to Salem, Wisconsin. She mentioned that her team didn’t do so well in pool play but managed to do better in bracket play. Loveridge had time to hangout in Salem and get dinner as well.

Abbie Becker, (‘17) didn’t go far this summer, but she sure did enjoy herself.

“I went to Delavan, Wisconsin. I’ve been going my entire life, I love doing water stuff like tubing but then I also like just laying out. It’s really nice, plus our lake house is only 20 minutes from Lake Geneva,” said Becker.

Mckenzie Mueller, (‘17) on the other hand traveled down South and up the East coast with her friend Morgan Aumann (‘17).

“We went for college tours in Nashville, South Carolina and North Carolina. After four days of college visits, we got to spend three days on the beach in Kitty

Mackenzie Mueller and Morgan Aumann pose in Nashville after a college visit.

Hawk, NC,” said Mueller.

All in all, North’s students went on vacations for various reasons, but in the end it was a good break from school.