Fall is around the corner

Bella Kehrer, Center Focus Editor

The fall season is approaching which brings back seasonal traditions.

During the fall, many students take it upon themselves to visit the pumpkin patch, apple orchard, haunted houses, football games and much more.

With the recent opening of Edward’s Apple Orchard opening two weeks ago, (8/26) the orchard was filled with hundreds of people. Edwards is known for their famous donuts and that is one reason many people continue taking their friends and families there.

Not only is Edward’s Apple Orchard a hot spot, but the Poplar Grove Pumpkin Patch is a huge hit later in October. Students often go seek work at the pumpkin patch, and use their time at the pumpkin patch to increase their fall spirit.

“I like how family oriented it is there. It has a positive attitude all around. Everyone is so nice, it’s a job I actually enjoy doing,” said Maddie Mcguire. (‘18)

The pumpkin patch opens up on October 15, so be ready to get your pumpkins from our town pumpkin patch.

Although, the apple orchard and pumpkin patch are fun, spending the whole fall season with classmates is even better. High school football is back and won’t be here for long so take the opportunity to see North’s football team while possible. Every Friday night there is a game and theme where friends can get together and get loud. There is obviously college football and the NFL that comes out in the fall season but supporting your high school team is much better.

Along with all the great fall attractions, haunted houses will start to open in October and will be open every Friday night of the month. The Karnival of Karnage is located at the fairgrounds and is only 15 dollars for a scare. There are also some haunted houses that are much more intense than the Karnival of Karnage, such as, The Twisted Crypt, Trail of Screams, Terror on the Railroad, Escape Quest and many more. These are all located within 20 miles of Belvidere.

The fall season offers so many fun activities and places to hangout, although these opportunities won’t last long. Take the time to go visit local business and feel the fall spirit.