Homecoming week is upon us

Matt Belinson, Weekly Flush Editor

High school is a place to learn, prepare for the real world and have a fun with friends. Every year, the whole student body comes together and celebrates school spirit and unity. Homecoming Week is an   important week in high school.

Belvidere North’s homecoming week is next week from Sept .26 to Sept 30. Students of all class levels will dress up in costumes and themes for each particular day. The first day is ‘Merica Monday, a day where all will show their pride in the USA. The next day is Class Color Day, Freshman will wear blue, sophomores will wear white and juniors will wear red. The seniors will wear the traditional toga, which always brings out creative ideas. The next day is Tourist Day, students will try their best to dress like they are a stereotypical tourist visiting North. Disney Day will be on Thursday with many costumes and painting, and Spirit Wear day will be on Friday. Bringing out the North spirit wear and spirit will be the priority.

No matter what part of the student body one may be, there’s one thing that students must know. Homecoming Week is important for not just the students and staff, but the community.

Homecoming Week is an opportunity to let students and the community know how loyal the student body is to their school. Every event, every dress-up day, allows students to feel proud with their school. Showing school spirit gives the impression of pride and good morale. Any student who doesn’t take advantage of this opportunity, is missing a chance to let out creativity and silliness.

The community of Belvidere takes pride in local events and schools. The city of Belvidere has really two homecoming weeks, and each one tells the community who loves showing up to support their school and all that encompasses the week. Citizens gravitate towards people who aren’t afraid to show off their spirit and embrace the moment. The homecoming parade, powderpuff game and the Paint the Dam event, are all spread throughout the community. Belvidere will come to see that students love their school and love the fun the comes with Homecoming.

No matter what school one might attend, students should take advantage of the fun that comes with Homecoming week. It is an opportunity like no other, and it should be taken advantage of by everyone.