It’s the most wonderful time of the year

User

photo provided by belviderepark.org

Camille Spencer, Reporter

The holidays are quickly approaching and people are beginning to get excited. Halloween is coming up and stores are filled with candy and costumes that range from fairy princesses to Donald Trump. Since Halloween is so close, the streets are soon to be filled with children, teenagers and adults running around with bags full of candy.

Along with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner.  There is only four weeks until families all around stuff their mouths with their favorite food. In addition, there is only eight more weeks until everyone wakes up to a tree full of presents. Around this time of year, students look forward to Thanksgiving and Winter break. Thanksgiving break begins November 23, and ends on the 28.

On December 2, the annual ”Hometown Christmas” will be held. The event will be kicked off with a parade starting at 5:30 P.M. The event is fun for everyone of all ages. Throughout the night, civilians will be have the opportunity to take part in many activities such as: horse drawn carriage rides, arts and crafts and a concert that will take place at the Apollo. Families will also have the chance to take pictures with Santa, decorate Christmas trees, have their face painted and much more. Music will be playing during the night and food and beverages will be provided.

Belvidere North’s acapella choir will be taking the time to sing around the local Christmas tree that night as well.On December 13, the choirs will be hosting their annual Winter concert, which will be held at Belvidere High School

A few weeks after hometown Christmas, students will be out of school for Winter break. The break starts on December 22. Students return from break after the new year, on January 3, 2017.

It’s one of  the most time fulfilling, expensive, and eventful times in a year. Students always look forward to this time of year because of the Winter and Thanksgiving festivities. Although it can be hectic at times, people seem to really enjoy all of the festivities that this time of year has to offer.