Girls Bowling starting up season

Sophi Zeman, Reporter

On Nov. 25, the girls varsity bowling team took fourth place in their preseason meet at Park Lanes in Loves Park.

After placing eighth in the state last year, the girls are prepared to have a successful season this year. Belvidere North’s top two bowlers are Brynn Lambrecht (‘18) and Kylie Johnson (‘18) . In their best games last year, Lambrecht bowled a 300 and Johnson threw a 277.

At the annual preseason meet, the varsity team took fourth place and junior varsity placed third. The varsity team beat Jefferson 3356 pins to 2867. In their best out of six games, Johnson threw a 219 and Lambrecht threw a 209. In her first Belvidere North meet, Rachel Nelson (‘20)  threw a 226 in her fifth game.

“ I think this season is going to go really well, we just need to keep our heads in the game and keep the energy high,” said Lambrecht.

The junior varsity side of the meet featured Camille Spencer (‘19) contributing 1079 pins to the total score, ranking second individually. Alongside her, Gio Casteldo (‘18) contributed 803 points.

“ With how close the scores were, this is probably going to be a more competitive season,” said Raquele Decker (‘19) .
     The boys varsity also beat Jefferson with a score of 3500-3304. Both teams will be playing next on Dec. 2 at Cherry Bowl against Belvidere High School.