Hoosiers off to hot start

Kyle Hauser, Reporter

The Indiana Hoosiers were coming into this season looking very promising.  Head coach Tom Crean had a good recruiting class coming in with a mix of upperclassmen.   The thing with this years Hoosiers is that as of now, they have no seniors starting.  They have three juniors and two sophomores.  On the whole roster, there are only three seniors, so they are looking to be a top team in the country for years to come.

As far as this season goes, it started out with a bang.  The Hoosiers traveled all the way to Hawaii to play in the Maui Invitational.  A lot of attention was given to this as the Hoosiers played against the Kansas Jayhawks. The Jayhawks were ranked number three at the time and the Hoosiers were ranked number eleven.  The Hoosiers were able to send to game into overtime.  Junior, James Blackmon Jr. made  a clutch three pointer with just seconds left to win the game.  

Since then, the Hoosiers have only lost one game to Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne.  The Hoosiers started out with an early three pointer by their center, Thomas Bryant, but never had a lead for the rest of the game.  The Hoosiers used this as motivation to turn their season around.

The Hoosiers went on to beat the smaller schools and was all set up to play the North Carolina Tar Heels.  The Hoosier fans showed up; it was reported that Assembly Hall was the loudest that it has ever been.  The Hoosiers showed up to play and put on a show for the fans.  The Hoosiers got an early lead and never looked back.  The Hoosiers ended up winning 67 to 76.

The Hoosiers are looking to use this as momentum going into the conference season.  As far as the Big Ten goes, there are three BIG 10 teams in the AP top 25 right now.  It is looking like it is going to be a crazy season.