Girls Bowling

Girls Bowling

Camille Spencer, Reporter

Belvidere North’s girls bowling team is making an impact this year. The team has had multiple victories with a total of seven wins and only two losses.  At the end of conference, the varsity team placed third and the junior varsity team had finished fifth. The varsity team has been working extra hard at practice to ensure that they will be able to perform the best they can for the upcoming events.

On February 4, the girls competed at Park Lanes in Loves Park for regionals. There were 12 other teams competing that had included: Belvidere, Harlem, Marengo, Auburn, Boylan Catholic, Rockford East, Guilford, Lutheran, Rockford Christian, Hononegah, South Beloit Team. The girls had played a total of 6 games. They started off on a rough patch and had started off with a 942 game. Towards the end of the day, the team had brought their game back and rolled a few 1,000 games which lead them back up to the top 3.

In the beginning, they had started off in sixth place and made their way all the way up to finish in 2 place. Harlem took the win for regionals with a total score of 6504. Their score had only been 409 pins off from Belvidere North’s score. Along with Harlem and Belvidere North, Belvidere High school and Guilford High school will also be advancing to sectionals.

The next competition will be sectionals, which will take place February 11 at Forest Hills lanes in Loves Park. The tournament will begin at 9 in the morning.  The team has high hopes that they will bowl really well and make their way to the top. Brynn Lambrecht (‘18) says

“ I honestly believe that if we try our hardest and stick together as a team we will have a good chance of going to state.”

A member of the junior varsity team who has been a great influence on the team’s bowling also thinks that the varsity girls will do exceptionally well at sectionals. Giovanina Castaldo (‘17) says

“ I think the team will dominate the whole competition and knock all of the other teams out of the park.”

If the girls pull through and place in the top 6 at sectionals, they will be advancing to state. Hopefully the girls will do the best that they can and make a good statement for the Belvidere North’s bowling team. Good luck and good bowling.