Lutzow makes her college decision

Photo provided by VIP

Jenna Lutzow, the girls top runner, will be attending the University of Missouri

Ben Clanin, Co-Sports Editor

Jenna Lutzow, widely considered to be the top distance runner in the state of Illinois has made her college decision.  After months of receiving letters from multiple Division One schools and after many college visits, the reigning Illinois cross country state champion has decided to attend the University of Missouri come the Fall of 2017.  

“I’m extremely excited to be attending Mizzou,” said Lutzow.  “It’s a great school and a great opportunity to continue my academic and athletic career.”

This last year in cross country Jenna lead the Blue Thunder to a first place finish as a team at the state meet and she also placed first at as an individual.  She has been setting records here at North ever since she first started running her Freshman year.

“I couldnt have asked for a better cross country season this year and I am very excited to see how track is going to go.”

Whatever college Jenna decided to go to she would have brought a lot of energy on top of her amazing ability to run, but to her Mizzou stood out above the rest.

“Mizzou was a great fit for me because the girls on that team were really welcoming to me and really sweet, and I was able to connect with the coach on a more personal level than any other coach I talked to,” said Lutzow.

But Jenna will not only be going to Mizzou for her athletic abilities, she will also be seeking a higher education during her time there.

“I am going to be majoring in psychology while i’m there,” said Lutzow.  “Im excited to be able to be competing against some of the fastest girls in the nation and see how much I am going to progress over the years, but mostly I am just excited that I have the amazing opportunity to run and learn at such a prestigious school.”

“Over the past two years Jenna has been one of the top distance runners in the Illinois.  I am very happy that she has the opportunity to run at Missouri, which has a very strong program.  She works as hard as anyone and richly deserves this opportunity.  We will miss her and she has left a tremendous legacy for the runners in this program.” said head cross country coach Mr. Ken Husser.