SAT Testing

SAT Testing

Camille Spencer, Reporter

It’s that time of the year again for SAT testing. The SAT or  Scholastic Aptitude Test is a standardized test widely used for college admissions in the United States. Juniors at Belvidere North High School are required to take the test. In the beginning of the year they had a PSAT which is practice before the actual assessment.

The exam consists of three different sections: mathematics, reading and writing. Each area is worth a possible 200 to 800 points. Students automatically receive 600 points by showing up and attempting to take the test. If students want a better score than that, they are advised to study.

The test took place upstairs in the  2500 bay of the school. Testing  began at 8:00 a.m. and will be ending around 12:00 p.m. For non testing students, any classes in the 2500 area will be moved into a different classroom. When students finish their test, they were allowed to leave school. All testing students received a slip that allowed them to go home after the SAT if their parents signed.

Students have mixed feelings about the SAT. Alexis Montalto (18’)  said

“ I’m just excited to get the SAT done and out of the way, I feel like I will do well though.”

After the test, Britney Rodriguez (18’) said

“I think I did good on the SAT, there was some confusing parts in between but once I got further in the test, it was easier to understand and I’m glad it’s over.”

Throughout the years, the SAT has been held for two days but this year the school made the decision to cut the test down to one day. Most students dread the SAT but others don’t mind it, but at least once they’re done with the SAT, they won’t have to worry about it anymore for the rest of high school.