As Long As I have Music

As Long As I have Music

Samantha Erb, Reporter

As the year comes to an end so does everything else. We say goodbye to the seniors and give them one final show in the last chorus concert. With the first song being Dance Evolution and the last one being As Long As I Have Music.

Everything was good  and the seniors brought many tears to the audience that consisted of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, teachers and so much more people. The Performing Arts Center was packed and full of people. Many cheers and awards were given out to a number of talented people who all worked hard and deserved it. Olivia Sue Albrecht (‘17) got the most awards out of anyone, for her hard work,dedication, and wonderful voice.

“She was super fun to work with and she has a lot of talent wherever she ends up she will definitely do well,” said Camille Spencer(‘19)

The choraliers wrote the lyrics but Dr.Vermillion wrote the melody to it. The song is called What Music means to me. Many people walked up to a microphone and said what music is to them.

“ Music is what keeps me sane. That’s why I always have a headphone in”said  Robert Collins(‘17)

Other songs that were performed were from Hairspray. Good Morning Baltimore and Welcome to the sixties. The very last song that was sung was As Long As I Have Music was sang by everyone in every kind of choral group. Chorus consists of many groups Treble Clef, Acapella, Choraliers, Freshman Chorus, Show choir, and Mixed Chorus.