Boy’s Cross Country

Boy's Cross Country

Yesenia Vizguerra, Reporter

As an excellent fall season ends, Belvidere North’s cross country teams have recently had the opportunity to compete at state. Of the boys cross country team, Alec Scott was the only qualifier to go.

The IHSA Championship was held at Peoria, Illinois, with the high school qualifiers across Illinois joining in.

The IHSA Championship was promoted at North with a big poster congratulating those who qualified, including Scott.

Leading up to state, Scott place 3rd out of 68th at IHSA Regionals, with a time of 16:32.10. Regionals were held at Belvidere High School on October 21.

Also leading up to state, Scott placed 14th out of 140th at IHSA Sectionals, with a time of 15:56.50. Sectionals were held in Maple Park, hosted by Kaneland High School, on October 28.

Alec Scott finished with 44th place out of 210th, ending his career here at Belvidere North. He finished the three-mile race in 15:38.00, with just  21 seconds from an all-state status, as anyone in Class 2A that ran a time of 15:17 or faster earned the honor. Scott’s mile pace was 5:12.7, which ultimately made him end at 15:38.00 He also broke a personal record with this time.

“I’m happy with how I did at state. I did not get top 25 like I wanted to, but I ran the fastest time I have ever ran. The time was 15:38,” said Alec Scott (‘18).