Winter Chorus Concert

Mariana Cardoso, Reporter

Belvidere North High School’s chorus classes have been working hard since their last concert in the Fall. They had to be ready for their winter traditions concert. This was their second concert of the year with two more left before the end of the school year. Audience and the students now await for the Pops and Spring Concerts. The Concert was kicked off by the choraliers carolling in the hallway at the PAC.
     Each choir then went up individually. Opening up was mixed chorus, followed by show choir, choraliers, treble clef, freshman chorus and finishing off was acapella.
     Mixed chorus, a blend of male and female voices, sang A Very Merry Fa La La, Snow Begins to fall, Over the River and Through the Wood, and I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. Show choir, an all girls dancing and singing choir with sopranos, second sopranos and altos sang Santa Mash-up, Underneath the Tree, Amid the Falling Snow and All I Want for Christmas is You. Choraliers, another dancing choir, sang What Christmas Means to Me, Light the Lights and Extraordinary Merry Christmas. The freshman chorus sang Snow is Falling, Song For A Russian Child, Patapan, and Deedle Deedle Dai. Acappella finished off by singing Celebrate Christmas: Joy to the world, An A Cappella Christmas, Do You Hear What I Hear and Hanukkah Scherzo.

Acappellumni was invited upstage with current Acappella to sing yearly tradition of singing Hallelujah!, in accordance with tradition, the audience stood.

“Acappella is the best choir in my opinion and every year when they sing Hallelujah it gives me the chills. It’s such a powerful song that I look forward to it every year. The alumni coming back is sweet as well,” said Exzana Marquez (’19).

At the end all choirs and audience sang along to Silent Night with a special solo from Emma Garwan (’18) singing in German. It was a great night for the Belvidere North Choirs.