Girls Bowling Season

Girls Bowling Season

Camille Spencer, Reporter

Now that Winter sports are here, it’s time for bowling season.The girls bowling team has started off their season on a good note. The girls started off their year with placing fourth at their preseason tournament hosted at Cherry Bowl on Nov. 24. The girls followed up their preseason tournament with their match against Boylan on Nov. 28, which they ended up winning. That same week on Nov. 30, the team versed Jefferson. The girls played a very intense game, but in the end Belvidere North took the win.
The girls also took wins on their matches against Marengo and Auburn. The team has an upcoming match on Friday Dec. 15, where they will go against previous conference champions, Harlem. To follow their match against Harlem, the girls will travel to Don Carter Lanes on Saturday, December 16. The tournament will be hosted by Rockford East and will begin at 1:30.
Rachel Nelson (‘20) said “I think the season will be really good we have a lot of girls who just joined and just started but their showing mass improvement. I’m really looking forward to what the rest of the season has to offer us as a team.”
The girls have had a great start off to the season and they hope to improve by the end of the year. In the next upcoming weeks, the girls will be going against Guilford, Woodstock and Huntley High school.
We wish the team the best of luck at their upcoming events and we hope they show Belvidere North is number 1.