New Years Resolutions

Camille Spencer, Reporter

The year is almost over which means it’s time for people to start making  their New Year’s resolutions. New Year’s resolutions have been a tradition for many years, going all the way back to 153 B.C.A New Year’s resolution is where someone makes a decision to change something about their life or themselves for the upcoming year.

The most common New Year’s resolutions are people wanting to lose weight, spend less and make more money, live life to the fullest, quit a habit that they think is unfitting, such as eating less junk food, drinking, or smoking. The other common resolution is to spend more time with family and friends. The number one resolution is about self improvement, which 40 percent of people said was their go to resolution. Unfortunately, most people that make their New Year’s resolution, don’t actually go through with it. Only about eight percent of people actually follow through with their resolution. Though this is true, let’s take a look at what students say is their New Year’s resolution.

“My resolution is to be more successful this year is coming to an end and for the new year i want to be able to keep my good grades and graduate and hopefully attend college in the fall,” said Andria Terry (’18).

“ I would like to be more serious about things for my resolution. Most of the important stuff in my life I just joke around about but I want to be able to be more serious about the things that I do such as dancing,” said Austin Daniels (’18).

“ For 2018, I want to improve myself by making more friends and being more positive about things, I want to be able to spend more time with my friends and my family as well,” said Mercedes Torrez (’18).

Almost everyone has a resolution or something they want to change in their life, and we all hope that everyone commits to their resolution and achieves their goal. So here’s to the end of 2017 and the beginning of 2018. Happy New Years everyone!