Insidious 4

Insidious 4

Hayley Redner, Reporter

If you’re a fan of horror movies and enjoyed the first three Insidious movies, the fourth movie is sure to keep you on your toes. A lot of the scenes make you think something is is going to pop out and scare you, but then nothing really does. The movies plot is set up to make you wait a little longer and anticipate the scare,

The Insidious 4 is a lot like the past movies where the main character Shaye performs her ghost hunting in homes, but this one has a twist of domestic abuse and personal loss.

Many students here at North have seen this movie and only have good things to say about it. Marco Yates (‘18) says, “I went with a group of friends and we all thought the movie was good. Some parts were really messed up, but for the most part we would recommend it to other people.” As the movie moves along, more characters are added and the plot thickens where more ghost activity evolves and more families get involved.

This movie is slow and intense and draws past life experiences of Elise the main character that can communicate with the ghosts. Insidious centers the plot on shock and sudden appearances of figures in the shadows. Ben Turner (‘18) says, “When the shadows would pop out from the dark out of nowhere we all screamed. It’s a good movie.”

Overall, if you’re looking for a good scare and something to do this movie is a great option.