Shrek The Musical Cast

Shrek The Musical Cast

Emily Wendlandt, Reporter

Belvidere North High School’s production of Shrek The Musical is almost here. The musical this year showcases the classic story of Shrek, brought to you by some of our school’s most talented students. From seniors to freshman, this years musical production gives every student to be in the spotlight. Here is a look into some of the students putting on the show:

Danny Mancini is a senior at Belvidere North High School and is playing this year’s lead role, Shrek. Mancini has been a part of many other musical productions and also is well versed in North’s choir. When Danny isn’t performing for the school, he performs within our community, playing his guitar covers at local restaurants.

Junior, Natalie Abramat was given the lead female role as Princess Fiona. While only being a junior, Natalie has been making waves in the theater community at the school. In this year’s fall play, Abramat was given a lead role and Shrek was no different. Outside of school, Natalie keeps music a part of her life as well as being on a figure skating team.

Mckenna Mosher (‘18) plays the role of Dragon. Being a senior at Belvidere North, Mosher has made huge strides over her four years at the school. Never missing a single show or musical production, Mckenna has given it her all to the theater community her at the school and also outside of it. Mckenna is a part of many theater communities across the area.

“I absolutely love being a part of Shrek! The show is so much fun and I love stepping out of my comfort zone when playing Dragon, its immensely helped me as an actress and I can’t wait to see how it will turn out on stage.”  

Whether you’re a fan of the students, musicals, or a green ogre, Shrek The Musical is an exciting, singing twist on a classic tale. The student’s and staff apart of the theater and choir community at the school have been working nonstop for months on this production, and are looking forward to showing all of their hard work! Go see Shrek The Musical! Show dates are Friday, February 9th at 7:00 P.M. With two shows Saturday, February 10th at 2:00 P.M. and 7:00. Go and support your thespians!