School Scholarships

School Scholarships

Hayley Redner, Reporter

With the school year coming to an end, seniors are looking for more scholarships for their colleges. North has made the process more user friendly and and accessible for all students.

The local scholarships applications are now available February 1st through February 15th through a google form online. All applications will be electronic. No submission will be submitted after 3:01 pm on February 15th, so it is encouraged to get an early start on the applications.

There is a “how to” video, https://youtu.be/5hqTGXFczpA, on the district 100 website in case there is any confusion. It can also be found in the senior students’ email. Students need to be sure to read all steps carefully and ensure your applications submitted correctly.

Some organizations do not require a transcript, only submit one if the organization requires it. You can see if one is required by the specific organization’s scholarship criteria.

Your cumulative grade point average is required on the Student Data Form, which you need for each scholarship submission.

If the organization requires a letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor, you have to complete and submit a Senior Profile/Letter of Recommendation Request to the individual you are requesting a letter from. You should give the teacher/counselor a 10  day notice for a letter, then have the recommender share the letter with you electronically so you can upload it with your other documents.

Contact your counselor if you have additional questions regarding the new local scholarship submission process.