Get in Good Standing for Prom

Get in Good Standing for Prom

Hayley Redner, Reporter

As prom is quickly approaching, many students don’t have the minimum point requirement to attend. You are expected to have a minimum of 70 points by Friday, April 13 or you will not be able to attend.

To see if you are in good standing, there is a list posted outside the student service office. If you are on the list and want to get your points up, go to your assigned point advisor. You will lose one point or each tardy, three points for each unexcused class hour, and point loss varies for discipline referrals. Some efficient ways to get points back are to get to class on time, show up to all classes with no unexcused absences, school service, and improve your grades.

Mrs. Bounthong, the school dean, says “Administration wants to give everyone the opportunity to go to prom and they’re willing to work with students so they have the chance.”

It is recommended to see you point advisor weekly until you have gained your points back. The point system is used for more than just school dances: it’s also used for school events such as sporting events, field trips, the northway donut day, and to park on school grounds.

Over 25% of students ended the year with at least 95 points. Administration is proud of the students that are in good standing and advise them to keep working towards 100 points.