Goodbye, Seniors

Goodbye, Seniors

Sofi Zeman, Features Editor

The 2017-18 school year is rapidly winding to a close. Finals and AP Exams are sure to come in the near future. Prom is done and over with. The end of spring sports is just within grasp. In a matter of weeks, we can finally say “goodbye” to North and “hello”  to Summer. To most, this is one of the easiest farewells anyone can make. The real difficulty comes in facing the fact that some of us won’t be back next year. Today, we say goodbye to our seniors.

This was Hunter Dixon’s first year writing for The Northview. Throughout her high school career, she participated in both sideline and competitive cheer. It was in both her 2017 and 2018 seasons that Hunter became a state champion, winning the title for two consecutive years with the help of her comp cheer team. She’s moving on to the Air Force Academy, studying military police.

Hayley Redner has been an involved student throughout the course of her time at Belvidere North.

“Hayley put in a lot of hard work this year and will be missed,” said Matthew Belinson (‘18).

She became a member of the Northview staff this year and is now a member of Quill and Scroll. She’s going to attend Rock Valley next fall to study radiology.

Emily Wendlandt plans on attending Rock Valley as well. Outside of writing, Emily loves to sing. She made an appearance in the school’s musical, Shrek and participated in Choraliers, A Cappella, and Show Choir. She is best known for her incredible style and energy that she brings into the classroom.

Cindy Oyervides was Entertainment Editor in her final year of high school. In the fall, she’s going to attend UIC to study Liberal Arts and Sciences. While she is a little shy, a highlight of the year came from getting to know her better while assigning stories together and learning that she has an amazing taste in music.

Matthew “Matty B” Belinson was Sports Editor in his senior year. He hopes to progress in journalism and study communications at Iowa State University. Matt has always been passionate about sports and has been involved in the North Baseball program since his freshman year. Joking around and listening to Justin Timberlake ( or Cardi,  Post,  J. Cole, Drake ) was by far the most fun part of being on The Northview this year. His goofy presence in the classroom will be missed next year.
     Cassiana Pozzi was our Editor-In-Chief. She plans on attending Loyola next fall to study communications. Outside of the Northview, Cass played volleyball and participated in track throughout high school. She was involved in multiple clubs and expressed her passion for art on multiple occasions over the years. All of us from The Northview hope that Cass’s future is filled with success and a ridiculous amount of Buzzfeed: Unsolved.