Field Trips

Field Trips

Sadie Cooper, Reporter

One of the best things about school is the field trips that we take. This year there have been some amazing field trips already. Recently a group of students went on an overnight field trip over the four day weekend. They went up to Tree Haven. located in Wisconsin. They had a lot of fun learning about things for their AP environmental science class and exploring the outside nature in the snow.

“For my AP environmental science class, we went to Treehaven which is in Wisconsin. We all had our own studies that we were supposed to do while we were there, my group did biodiversity with identifying the different types of plants in the area but I know other groups did biomacro invertebrates which are studying the different organisms and insects in the water, they also did water testing, soil, testing and more but I forgot. That was the main reason ongoing but we also observed the bogs, marshes, ponds, streams and the different trees and plants in the area as well. We took hikes around the woods in the daylight and at night, had a compass course, could go canoeing, and had a campfire. That is basically what we did at the weekend,” said Jada Garza (‘20).

Field trips are a fun way for teachers to show the students what we are learning does have some sort of impact and how it relates to the world. Field trips are also a way for teachers to find different ways for people to learn the things the teachers are trying to teach us. Although North has cut back on their amount of field trips the past few years, there are still plenty of great ones that have become a tradition here at North like Tree Haven, cadavers, and tubing.