Boys Cross Country

Michael Paddock, Reporter

Belvidere North Boys Cross Country have been having a good season and they are looking to perform well in the post- season.  In the NIC 10 Conference Preview, Belvidere North had took second place out of eight teams. As Nick Lenzen led the team with a fourth place finish, his time was 16:31.1.  Behind him was Caden Mcnulty with a seventh place finish and he his time was 17:00.1. Aiden Massmen was third for the team and took tenth overall, with 17:24.6 as his time.

In the First to the Finish meet, Belvidere North had taken 17th place out of 59 schools.  Belvidere North was led by Caden Mcnulty with a finish of 53rd place. He had a time of 16:29.3.  Nick Lenzen was next to finish for Belvidere North as he finished 55th, with a time of 16:30.  

At the NIC- 10 Conference Championship, North was able to come out on top with a 1st place finish.  The team was lead by Max Beutel’s (’20) 1st place finish with a time of 15:26.80. Caden Mcnulty (’22) took 9th place and had a time of 16:29.00.  Behind him was Nick lenzen (’22), who placed in 10th, his time was 16:29.90 and Caden Lendman (’22) in 11th place with a time of 16:30.40.

At Regionals in Sterling, Belvidere North took 2nd place as a team.  North was lead by Beutel’s 2nd place with a time of 15:49.  Mcnulty was behind him for the team in 11th place clocking in at 16:33.  Caden Lendman came in 12th place with a time of 16:37. 

Sectionals is at Belvidere High School on November 2, 2019 with an 11:00 start. The top five teams will advance to next week’s state meet. Come cheer on Coach Yunk and his runners as they battle through the snow and cold as they attempt to grab a team bid to Detweiler.