Stomp out the r-word

The Special Olympics basketball team huddles together for a team meeting with their coach.

Courtney Huhta

Bella Kehrer, Reporter

Spread the word to end the word. The life skills program here at North works to enhance the student’s abilities and life after high school.   The life skills students also have the opportunity to partake in the Best Buddies program. Best Buddies is a hands on club that focuses on creating friendships. Students sign up to be in the club and get paired with a buddy and create a life long friendship. Recently, the North View interviewed four Best Buddy members, Jared, Jenny, Jeff and Carter  give us their input on the program.

Questions:

1. What’s your favorite part of Best Buddies?
  2. What’s your favorite part of school?

Jared’s interview

Jared poses for his close up.
Jared poses for his close up.
  1. My favorite part of Best Buddies is to have fun.
  2. My favorite part of school is cooking with Mrs. Adams.  My favorite thing we have cooked is fruit salad.

Jeff’s interview

1. My favorite part of Best Buddies is the girls and the present sharing with my buddy.

Jeff poses for the camera.
    Jeff poses for the camera.
  2. My favorite part of school is math and science class.

Jenny’s interview

1. My favorite part of Best Buddies is to see my buddy, Reilly.

Jenny poses with her buddy Reilly.
    Jenny poses with her buddy Reilly.
  2. My favorite part of school is cooking.  My favorite food we cooked was cookies.

Carter’s interview

1. My favorite part of Best Buddies is having fun with my buddy Abby.

Carter edit dribble
    Carter Fridley (’17) dribbles the ball during a basketball game.
  2. My favorite part of school is  having fun with my friends.

The students of the life skills class and the members of Best Buddies all work everyday to make our school better.  On March 21 the world is going to honor anyone who has Down Syndrome.  Every month is filled with awareness days for people who are Special Needs, North is taking this month to celebrate our students who live with Special Needs.  Buy a wristband for a dollar at lunch, and pledge to stomp out the r- word.  The life skill students play a huge role at North and this is the time to thank them for all their hard work.