Girls Track prepares for sectionals

Grace Bundschuh

Team poses for picture

Gracie Thies, Reporter

The Girls Track team has continued to have success throughout their season. It’s already getting close to the end of the season and the the team is looking to accomplish great things. Last week the team finished 2nd at conference behind Hononegah.

The sectional meet will be held at Huntley High School and the team is looking to have as many girls as possible qualify for state.

Among the relay teams that have had the most success this season are Stephanie Robles (‘16), Mia Rodriguez (‘18), Sabrina Elder (‘18) and Jenna Lutzow (‘17) in the 4×800. Also in the 4×400 consisting of Remy Bice (‘18), Addie Crocker (‘16), Vanessa Sida (‘18) and Sabrina Elder (‘18). In the open events, Grace Bundschuh (‘18) in the 200 and 100  and Sabrina Elder (‘18) in the 400. In the field events, Taylor Ferguson (‘18)  in Pole vault, who got second at Conference, and Sarah Teagardin placed sixth in triple jump.

“Our hard work has really paid off based on our accomplishments this season. The team always tries their hardest until the end,” said Jenna Lutzow (‘17).

The sectional meet that is coming up on Thursday is going to be more difficult than other sectionals. Schools include Hononegah, Minooka and Harlem.

As always the Girls Track team is setting high goals so they can do their best and have a better shot at going to state. They are looking forward to the competition and hope to come out on top.