What’s new on Netflix

Will Sieracki, Reporter

January looks like a good month for Netflix. The incoming lineup for the streaming service includes a mix of comedy specials, original movies and TV shows, and one of the best lists of classic movies that Netflix has had in a long while. Some of the highlights for this month are Caddyshack, The Shining, E.T the Extra Terrestrial, all four original Superman movies, and Braveheart.

Three of the most hyped upcoming shows include A Series of Unfortunate Events, which was based on the popular series of novels by Daniel Handler, better known as Lemony Snicket, Degrassi: Next Class, a drama that takes place at a fictional high school in Toronto, and One Day at a Time, a sitcom about a Cuban-American family.

When it comes to original movies, Netflix is releasing two dramas this month. The first is titled Coin Heist, and it’s about a group of students that tries to steal $10 million worth of coins in an attempt to save their school. Following that is Clinical, which is about a psychiatrist trying to put her life back together.
     Comedy specials won’t be hard to come across this month, as there will be five new specials with new material from comedians such as Jim Gaffigan that will surely have some people laughing hysterically.

As always, there will be movies and shows leaving, so if you want to catch any of ESPN’s 30 for 30 documentaries, Saving Private Ryan, or Dazed and Confused, now is your chance.