North’s Spring Sports Preview

North's Spring Sports Preview

Matt Belinson, Reporter

Girls soccer had a successful season last year, finishing in the top five in conference. North will only lose three seniors from last year. Some players feel the strength of the team will come from a new game plan.

“I think since we don’t have Taylor Martocci this year, and another girl, the new seniors and juniors can play a new way and that should help us,” said Hannah Olt (‘17).

Jeremy Naff has been the Varsity coach for three years and will hope to lead the new class of players into a successful period of soccer for North.

Girls Track and Field will look to begin a new start to the spring events with a new and impressive Freshmen class. Many distance runners come from cross-country, so the team will be able to compete even better than other NIC 10 teams. Track and field has also been one of North’s biggest sources of college scholarships. North has many seniors participating in multiple events this year, so maybe North can add a few more.

Baseball at Belvidere North has a long history of having opportunity to win the NIC 10 conference, and this year should not be different. With only three seniors leaving the roster, North will have a great opportunity to win again. Pitching fro this roster should be in ample supply, with many juniors and sophomores getting playing time with the Varsity players. A new coaching staff will also provide all three levels with a fresh look at the sport. The baseball program should bring home a conference title for North this year.

These three sports will provide North’s spring calendar year with conference wins and chances at playoff victories. North’s spring sports will be one to remember this ye