Girl’s Track Preview

Bonnie Konopka, Reporter

The girls track team has just started training for their upcoming season. Their first indoor meet is on February 25 at the Huntley fieldhouse. Many talented freshmen are joining the team this year, along with a few new members from other grade levels, and all the coaches and athletes are looking forward to having a successful season.

“I think that all the new members of the team will really help us out this season to place in more events and contribute to a winning team. I want to see everyone perform well and set a lot of personal records,” said Sofia Zeman (‘19).

Last season, the track team placed second at NIC -10 Conference Championship , with Hononegah in the lead. This year, the team’s goal is to win conference, and send some athletes on to sectionals and state.

“I’m really excited to see how everything is going to come together this track season. I think we have a great chance at winning conference this year and getting a lot of people to state. The girls have been working very hard, and I can’t wait to see how everyone competes,” said Sabrina Elder (‘18).

The team has been training hard at practice and are hopeful to set some new school records this season.

“I think our team as a whole this year is looking very good. The event I’m looking forward to the most is the 100m hurdles. I really want to beat the school record and go to state. I’m hoping this is going to be my year,” said Haley Dahl (‘19).