Girl’s Soccer

Girl%27s+Soccer

Bonnie Konopka, Reporter

Winter sports at Belvidere North are coming to an end and spring sports are starting to prepare for their upcoming seasons. Girl’s soccer is getting ready for the 2017 season, and the team held tryouts this week.  They had a great season last year with 11 wins, and finished fourth in the conference. The team is hoping to have another successful season.   

“I’m excited to see how this season goes for our team. I hope we beat the teams that we are supposed to beat and try our hardest against our biggest competitors in the conference. We have a really young team so we should be good this season,” said Brinley Hefty (‘19).

The team is anticipating some challenging games against Boylan, Freeport and Hononegah, who are some of their biggest competitors. Last season, they lost against Freeport and Boylan, but they beat Hononegah for the first time in school history and want to beat them again this year.

“We really want to beat Hono again this season, and we are going to work really hard at practice to  try to make that happen for a second time. We did some conditioning during the off-season and I’m ready for the season to begin,” said Hefty.

The soccer team did some conditioning throughout the winter to get them ready to play in the spring, and they are looking forward to seeing the work they put in in the off-season pay off as the season begins.

“I’m really pumped for this upcoming season. There is a lot of talent on the team so I am expecting another great soccer season,” said Remy Bice (‘19).

Last year, Remy Bice, Brinley Hefty, Olivia Hart and Evette Tamayo all made the varsity team as freshman. This year, Alexis Lipscomb was the only freshman to make the varsity team, and Morgan Dent was the only freshman to make the JV team. Both girls are looking forward to being able to play on the team.

“I am looking forward to being part of the junior varsity team this year. Last year I was on the freshman sophomore and played a few JV games, so I am excited to be able to play with them full time. We are a pretty close team and I think that will really help us succeed as the season progresses” said Kenzie Bowlby (‘19).

The varsity team’s first game will be a home game against Dekalb on Tuesday March 14.