Hot Harper

Hot+Harper

Kyle Hauser, Reporter

Bryce Harper grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada and has had eyes on him at a very young age.  When he was a little kid, he was playing on multiple travel ball teams and was getting scouts attention.  Harper has always been known to play aggressive and with a chip on his shoulder.  He was always traveling far away to play against the best competition possible.  His senior year of high school, he went and played at the College of Southern Nevada.  After his senior year of high school and his first season playing college baseball, he was drafted by the Washington Nationals.  

Since Harper was drafted, he has had left his impact on the MLB.  In his first season, he was named the National League Rookie of the Year.  In that season, his on base percentage was .340. From there, he grinded and became the 2015 Most Valuable player.  Many people were looking at Harper this 2017 season.  He was constantly posting videos of him lifting and becoming a beast.  

Harper started out the season hot and had continued to stay hot. As of right now, Harper is hitting an astounding .400.  His bat is red hot and many people are watching to see if he can keep it up.  So far this season, he has already hit seven home runs.  One of the home runs was a walk-off home run and another one was a grand slam.  In addition to his ridiculous, his on base percentage is crazy high as well.  As of right now, his on base percentage is .523.  That means that he is getting on base over half of the time.  He is also doing a great job on the defensive side as well.

As for the rest of the season, a lot of eyes are going to be on Harper to see if he can continue to be a beast.