Winter Sports

Winter+Sports

Hunter Dixon, Reporter

Winter sports have already began to start most sports are still having tryouts, but some sports have already picked their teams and have started practices. Games, tournaments, and competitions are already right around the corner.

Boys basketball has already been working hard with open gyms before and after school along with lifting, They have been rushing to get open gyms in for this first tournament is only 20 days away on November 20 at Crystal Lake Central High School against Mchenry High School. The Thanksgiving tournament starts Nov. 20 and goes through Nov. 25..

For girls basketball it’s already looking like it’s going to be a good season.They have been practicing a lot and getting ready for their first tournament the Thanksgiving Classic at Central Middle School.  The tournament starts Nov. 13 and goes until Nov. 18.

The Competitive Cheer season has already had there tryouts and they have already been having practices. There choreography starts this Friday, Nov. 3 and goes throughout the weekend. Their first competition is at Crystal Lake Central on December 3. Last year the varsity Competitive team got first in state and won conference for the 6th year in a row.

“I’m super excited for this season. We need to work super hard to meet our goal of going to state again. We get our choreography this weekend, so that is when the work starts. Staying hungry and humble is our saying, hungry to win but never stuck up,” said Hannah Konkler (‘18).

Overall fall sports went well and we hope that the winter sports will do well also. All the athletes are excited to see what the season has in store.