Girls varsity basketball

Girls varsity basketball

Hayley Reder, Reporter

As the girls varsity basketball team here at North starts their season there are some high expectations. Coming from a pretty strong season last year, the girls are ready to start off this year.

The varsity team put up a fight at the Burlington Central preseason tournament and had their first conference game this past Tuesday against Harlem. “Harlem is a very strong team, but we definitely put up a fight considering three of our girls were out for injuries.” said Ashlyn Smith (‘19). In the end they fell short for the win but came together for a good performance.

The girls are expecting a lot from this years games as they have a lot of talent on the team. Peyton Flynn (‘18) says, “We are excited about our new season and all the great things to come our way this year.”

Their upcoming game Friday, December 1 is home against Guilford at 7pm. With a total of fifteen games their conference season this year, the team hopes to win it all. They have two more tournaments to also participate in. December 27 they play at Dixon high school at 4:30pm for the KSB Holiday tournament vs. Oregon and the 28 they also play at Dixon. On January 13 and 15 they team plays at Dekalb high school for the MLK tournament with the times to still be announced.

With five seniors on the varsity team their 2017-2018 season the girls have a lot of talent and high expectations this year. So far they’re all enjoying the season and get along great as a team.