Decisions, Decisions

Decisions%2C+Decisions

Sofi Zeman, Editor-In-Chief

The end of the year 2018 not only marks the beginning of a new year, but the beginning of the Class of 2019’s final semester at Belvidere North High School. With graduation day a mere four months away, some have already begun to make plans for their educational futures.

College applications typically go out in August for most schools. Those that apply Early Action often find out about their admission status by mid December. Around this time of year, it is not uncommon for a decent amount of students to know where they are going to be attending school in the fall of 2019.

Haley Dahl (´19) will be attending the University of Illinois at Chicago. After running six consecutive successful seasons in track and field, she will continue her running career in college. Dahl has committed to run Division One at UIC on a full ride scholarship, all the while, pursuing a career in civil and environmental engineering. Jonathan Giesecke (´19) will also be attending UIC, and will be studying public policy. He currently is working in the office of State Representative, Joe Sosnowski, in order to prepare for this field. Sean Hesano (´19) will also be staying in state, as he will be attending the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign to major in Business.

Some Belvidere North students intend to leave home and attend school in an out of state setting. The North View´s own Will Sieracki (´19) intends to continue his career in Journalism at the University of Missouri, which is among the highest ranked journalism schools in the country. Natalie Abramat (´19) will be going all the way to California, come this fall. She will be going to the Young Americans performance college, focusing on a background in the arts. Hunter Vinke (´19) plans to go to Marquette University, to pursue a career in Engineering.

While some choose to attend a traditional University, others opt to attend a community college. Caleb Zeman, who graduated early this year, is currently attending Rock Valley College, and will do so until he obtains an associates degree. Estelle Brady also plans to go to RVC next fall.