Wrestling

Wrestling

Michael Paddock, Reporter

Belvidere’s Co-op wrestling team looks to have a solid lineup this season.  Some of the key wrestlers are Trevor Dawson (‘20), representing North in the  220 weight class and Devin Diveley (‘21), in the 152 weight division. Devin’s brother, Eathin Diveley, wrestles for North’s 160 weight class.

Belvidere’s co-op wrestling team won their first match against Auburn.  The meet was a smaller meet and not everyone wrestled but the team still managed to take the win.  Jackson Clark (‘21) won his match with a pin his in the 2nd quarter. Tavione Wilson (‘22) was able to beat his opponent, helping his team gain points.  

“I feel that being a co-op wrestling team has been pretty good because Belvidere High School brought some pretty good coaches and I think that we will be able to make it to state with the lineup that we have,” said Ahmad Sheikhali.

At the Triangular Meet with Guilford, and Freeport, North was able to come out on top.  Trevor Dawson (‘20), North’s team captain, was able to beat his opponent. Devin Diveley (‘21) started his season off with a  win in his first match. Eathen Diveley (‘22) was able to record his first win of the season.

At the Triangular match against Boylan and Hononegah, Belvedere’s Co-op wrestling team was able get the win.  Devin Dively had a nice pin to get his team some points. Trevor Dawson was able to secure the win with a pin.  Tony Alvarado also had a good day as he won his match and is undefeated on the season.

The team stays undefeated as they go into their next match at Woodstock North, on December 13, 2019.